In 1492, Christopher Columbus led Europe to a New World. That’s a fact.
OR IS IT?
Think about it. Ten weeks of travel, 100 people, three ships. Waters full of frightening creatures like the Kraken, Triton, Leviathan, and ghost ships. Do you really think three ships stuffed full of humans had any chance against those gargantuan sea creatures? Of course not! They were just three juicy dumplings, filled with delicious stuffing, exposed to the bloodthirsty beasts of the ocean. But these lousy officials feed you stories of Christopher Columbus’s alleged greatness. Why? For those who don’t know – it’s always about money and reputation.
Take on the role of an insane sailor and defeat all the hostile sea creatures in Here Be Dragons – a tactical strategy and turn-based dice rolling game full of satire and with a stylized “living map.” Mark January 30th in your calendars and get ready to learn the true story of Christopher Columbus.
HERE BE DRAGONS MAIN FEATURES:
- Be a responsible captain, you mongrel! Use the original Dice Activation System to attack enemies, heal your crew, and upgrade the fleet.
- Decide the fate of the fleet before someone or something decides for you. Collect Ink and use Errata to turn the tide of an encounter.
- This map can’t be rolled up. Cross the seas using an ancient, living map, full of terrible creatures ready to devour you!
- Defeat hideous creatures – Confront the fiercest beasts that ever lived: Leviathans and Krakens, predatory whales and lustful mermaids. Decimate Tritons, awaken dragons, and then erase them from human memory.
- You’ll go nuts! Meet an extraordinary company of weirdos, madmen, and oddballs. Their vices and virtues fuel the journey.
- The bureaucrats will try your patience. Clash with the bureaucratic machine. Don’t lose your cool when confronted by the absurdities spewed by authorities and royal advisors.
- Think of yourself as a Witcher of the sea. Spit on pirates. Ignore the settlers. You’re above them all – a monster hunter traversing aqua incognita. So what if you go crazy sometimes?